Thursday, November 11, 2010

the croatian is here

HiGh!-  The croatian is visiting!  This means plentiful groceries and normal sleep cycles and doing lots of fun things that I don't normally do because I'm too busy pretending to be busy.  Hanging out with the croatian is a joy.  We drink beer and talk and miscommunicate at least once an hour. It goes a little something like this:  Oh, you didn't mean what you just said literally?  No, I meant it figuratively.  Unless you think it's funny in which case I meant it literally.  Ok, I get it.  Ha Ha.  Wait, what were you saying?  I. am. confused.  English is our second language.  But, for the rest of the hour, we are like peas and carrots.  What carrots?  That's an example of an expression that would send us into a tailspin of confusion :)

Last night we went and saw some music and the world cafe live.  It was a great time!

LoW- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME IS A NIGHTMARE
I don't usually like to write in all caps but I strongly dislike daylight savings time and the darkness that it brings at 2 in the afternoon.  The above is a photo of what my walk to school looks like.  Very pleasant.  The possibilities are endless on a day like this.  I enter my office refreshed and invigorated. Little do I know that the day is wasting away at an alarming rate.  I will emerge just a few hours later, to this:
There are no more fun outdoor adventures to be had in this black hole of 5pm.  All you can really do is hope you get home alive.  Boo daylight savings time. 

2 comments:

  1. There are all sorts of exciting things to do outside at nighttime. Please call me for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post above scares the shit out of me and I would NEVER call that person.

    ReplyDelete