Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hi, I'm in Delaware

HiGh-  Field work in Delaware!  Yup, Delaware.  Apparently they have huge stinky marshes there that are great for coring. All I could think of the whole time was the Wayne's World quote, "Hi, I'm in Delaware."  But it was good times and I learned a shit-ton.  Yes, that is a technical term used to describe what one learns in a marsh.  HiGhs included seeing the Christine O'donnell signs in person, watching the whistle tips video (I heard a real live whistle tip the other day!), watching the Phillies-Giants series while drinking some cold beers, and bonding over the joy of farting in your waders and carrying it around for hours before it gets blasted in your face when you bend over.  Good times, good people. 

LoW-  Bodhi wreaked havoc on the people of Clark Park this morning.  I decided to take her down to play frisbee so she would settle down and let me get some second sleep and instead she was a huge and embarrassing failure.  I showed up all proud and ready to bring some joy to the hearts of the Saturday morning farmer's market hippies, and right from the start Bodhi had another agenda.  It didn't help that everyone and their mother was down at the park this morning.  First bodhi decided to go after every little soccer kid she could find.  Giving them one loud bark and a firm arm jab while they were trying to dribble to safety. Then the best--or worst-- part happened.  There was a particularly enthusiastic group of hippies practicing some giant head routine for a parade.  I didn't notice it at first but these people were lining up on the edges of the park holding huge paper mache masks with long fabric pieces on each side.  These masks required 4 people to hold them up and dance around and Bodhi was on it before i could stop her.  She went after the purple masked face with the biggest arm jab I have ever seen and sent the hippies toppling backwards and the banner holders scurrying to safety.  The whole routine had to be restarted after they checked for damage on the mask.  I took Bodhi home but I was secretly laughing my ass off because it couldn't have been more of a shitshow saturday morning.  cheers boodley!  

No comments:

Post a Comment