Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Washington!!!

For fall break I went to Washington to visit the Croatian.  Basically it was one big HiGh... the beauty!  The splendor!  The nutella!  It was good to see the people and print the thesis.  It felt like a proper goodbye to Washington and not a move-out-load-uhaul in one day mess like the late August affair.  It's all good now, and Washington will always be the best place in the world for a hike. 


HiGh-  Hike up to the Thorp Mountain fire lookout with Ivan and Katie.  Katie basically runs up the mountain while I chase her.  All the while I have to make sure we haven't lost the croatian to his fanciful observations and the pictures that result.  It's a delicate balance of power and precision and on this day, we pulled it off and made it to the top. 

Thorp Mountain. Photo by Ivan


LoW-  I didn't have a chance to do any blogging while on the trip but I did have a chance to reflect back on my earlier posts.  I was mortified to discover that all of my posts thus far have included some reference to poop.  This realization came after I amused myself and the other people people on the hike (I think) by writing "POOP" on the only other car parked at the trailhead.   So, the picture below is my goodbye to my poop days.  Goodbye poop!   Hello maturity!  Yeah right!

Poop van. Photo by Ivan

No comments:

Post a Comment